Our office features a state-of-the-art milling machine to create crowns and other restorations in a single visit. This advanced CAD/CAM technology allows you to regain your smile more quickly and return to your regular activities as soon as you leave our office. To find out more about CAD/CAM same-day dentistry in St. Simons Island, Georgia, and schedule your consultation with our experienced dentist, Dr. Suzanne Mericle, call Suzanne Mericle today at 912-638-3559.
CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) is a versatile technology that can be used in a variety of restorative treatments. Using CAD/CAM technology, our skilled dentist can design and create a variety of restorations, including fillings, veneers and porcelain crowns, as well as plan a more precise and effective treatment to meet your needs. State-of-the-art equipment allows us to produce any single-tooth restoration the same day as your procedure so that you can complete your appointment in one day rather than stretching out your treatment over two or more visits to our office.
During your appointment, our dentist will:
- Examine your teeth to determine an appropriate treatment plan
- Remove any weakened or decayed tooth material
- Capture a digital picture of your mouth
- Convert the picture into a 3D model on the computer screen using CAD/CAM software
- Create your restoration using the 3D model
- Immediately mill your restoration from a block of material that matches the color of your natural teeth
- Within a few minutes, your new restoration will be complete! Our dentist will check to ensure that it fits properly, polish it and bond it into place.
For more information about CAD/CAM technology and to schedule your consultation with our dentist, please contact our office today.