Many people suffer from misshapen or crooked teeth. While you can restore and align them using traditional braces, the use of metal wires may make you conscious. Moreover, maintaining your oral hygiene with conventional braces becomes a task. You may opt for Invisalign as an alternative and align your teeth within no time.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a treatment approach that straights your teeth and improves bite issues without using metal brackets and wires. It is a series of clear and removable plastic trays, similar to aligners, that help restore the shape of your teeth.
We will check the condition of your teeth and ask you to wear them for 20-22 hours per day for two weeks, followed by the next set. Invisalign works by applying gentle pressure on your teeth, thus moving them to their desired locations. It is made using latex, gluten, BPA, and BPS.
Who can Opt for Invisalign?
Apart from aligning your misaligned teeth, we may also recommend this aligner in other cases.
- If you are suffering from a poor bite, we recommend Invisalign to restore it. All bite issues may lead to gum disease, cavities, and chipped teeth.
- We recommend Invisalign if you have excess gaps between your teeth. The unwanted space between them not only affects the appearance of your smile but also adds to the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Invisalign is recommended if you have crowded teeth that twist and overlap.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is a virtually invisible treatment. People may not even notice that you are undergoing treatment to align your teeth.
- They can be removed during eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth.
- They are easy to use and more comfortable than traditional braces.
- With the use of Invisalign, maintaining your oral hygiene becomes easy.
What Does the Procedure Include?
- We will examine your teeth and determine whether the use of Invisalign is ideal for you or not. We may also take X-rays of your teeth for impressions.
- These impressions will be used to design a digital model of your Invisalign retainer. The model also helps us determine how your teeth will move. You will need several sets of aligners for the entire duration of the treatment.
- We will send your impressions for the fabrication of Invisalign. You will shortly receive your set of custom Invisalign retainers to align your teeth.
- It is essential to maintain your aligners by washing them properly under running water. Do not use a single aligner for more than one week. Visit us regularly for follow-up.
What are Candid Clear Aligners?
Candid Clear Aligners are aligners used to treat mild to severe teeth spacing issues. Our dentist, Dr. Mericle, is a qualified CandidPro provider (licensed dental professional).
How is the procedure carried out?
You can begin your treatment by visiting our practice for a detailed scanning of your teeth. We will create a treatment plan for your dental condition. Once you get your aligners, you don't have to make the monthly office visits required. You can use the CandidApp (available on iOS and Android) and monitor your progress remotely.
Please reach out to Mericle Dentistry in Simons Island, GA, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Mericle. Please call us at (912) 638-3559 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.